Postdoc positions in Soft Robotics for Growing Robots at Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) - [ Postdoc ]Added on: 16/05/2019 - Expires on 30/09/2019
Two Postdoctoral researcher positions are available at Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia within the Center for Micro-BioRobotics in Pontedera (Pisa), Italy, within the Bioinspired Soft Robotics Research Line.
We are looking for motivated candidates with a background in mechanical engineering, material engineering, manufacturing, robotics, mechatronics, or a related area (or equivalent experience). Strong knowledge of experimental implementation of soft-matter devices is an advantage. The successful candidate will join the Bioinspired Soft Robotics (BSR; (https://bsr.iit.it/)) Research Line at IIT, which offers a uniquely collaborative scientific research environment and outstanding research facilities.
The job task will include design and fabrication of bioinspired soft robots and growing robots. The position includes theoretical and hands-on research, collaborations with Post Docs, PhDs and MSc students, preparation of scientific publications and contribution to new grant proposals. The candidate must be capable to collaborate with a large, international and multidisciplinary team. Highly competitive salary will be offered to successful candidates.
- Requirements: Strong experience and knowledge of advanced design tools (Siemens NX, SolidWorks or equivalent).
- Strong experience in the development of advanced robotic systems.
- Experience and knowledge in the following fields:
- Fabrication techniques and additive manufacturing.
- Soft robotic technologies.
- English language skills (written and spoken)
Applications, assembled as a single PDF file, shall include:
- a complete CV with a full list of publications, plus a final section titled “Relevant skills” commenting on the strong points where your CV matches the required skills (list above);
- copy of up to 5 relevant papers, plus a final section titled “Personal contributions” detailing your specific contributions to each presented papers;
- name and contacts of 2 referees.
For application, please send your CV to:
Dr. Barbara Mazzolai (Barbara.email@example.com).
quoting “Post Doc in Soft Robotics for Growing Robots CB 76756 – 76784” in the subject line.
Please apply by 30/09/2019.
Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) with its headquarters in Genoa, Italy, is a non-profit institution with the primary goal of creating and disseminating scientific knowledge and strengthening Italy's technological competitiveness (www.iit.it). IIT promotes excellence in basic and applied research through a multidisciplinary scientific program that includes humanoid technologies and robotics, neuroscience and cognition, nanotechnology and materials.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone +39 010 71781 - email: dpo[at]iit.it).